What does worship entail at our church?
We believe that the only acceptable way of worshiping the true God is instituted by Himself and limited by His own revealed will. As such, we worship God through:
- The reading of Scripture
- Preaching and hearing the Word of God
- Singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs
- The administration of baptism and the Lord's supper
- On occasion, days of thanksgiving and days of solemn humilation with fasting
A liturgy is how a church worships. All churches have a liturgy, whether formal or informal.
Our church believes that the true worship of God is regulated by His revealed will in Scripture. Therefore, we worship God:
- Reverently, by treating God as holy
- Humbly, by confessing our sins before God
- Lovingly, by responding to God in faith and obedience
- Joyously, by expressing our gratitude for God's grace and mercy
To see our weekly liturgy, click here.
The Lord's Supper
We believe that the Lord's supper is a means of grace. By the Holy Spirit and through faith, believers' spirits are nourished on Christ and all His benefits (1 Corinthians 10:16; 11:23-32). Therefore, we administer the Lord's supper every Lord's day following the preaching of the Word.
We practice "close" (near or intimate) rather than "closed" (members only) communion. This means that the Lord's supper is open to:
- Members in good standing at our church
- Visitors who are members in good standing or vitally connected to a local church, are not under the corrective discipline of any local church, and can affirm chapters 14.1, 28, and 30 of the Second London Baptist Confession of Faith (1677/1689)
Unless you have talked with the eldership to verify meeting these criteria, we ask that you kindly refrain from participating in the Lord's supper until this takes place.
At our church, children worship with the rest of the congregation. Parents who are actively training their little ones to sit quietly in the service are asked to make use of the two rows in the back of our sanctuary.
For those children who are not quite ready to be with the rest of the congregation, we provide a staffed nursery for children 3 years of age and younger in a room across from our sanctuary.